Humax environmental management systems is accredited to ISO 14001. We pursue eco-friendly management and declare that we take actions to improve the environment continuously to reduce negative impact on environment.
Establishment of standards in compliance with environmental laws and regulations
Improvements in environment-friendly management skills
Minimizing negative effects on the environment
Production of eco-friendly products
Training and Education
Environmental Management System
based on ISO14001
To combat climate change, HUMAX has divided its greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction strategy into two focus areas: operations and products.
- Expand organizational boundaries
– Phase 1 : HPL, HBR (Company-owned plants)
– Phase 2 : EMS (Contracted plants)
– Phase 3 : Expand to overseas subsidiaries and offices
- Secure expertise and credibility
- Analyze reduction activities
- Assess plant status: Diagnose energy processes and analyze reduction factors
- Benchmarking: Assess and secure reduction techniques
- Select applicable reduction activities
- Set reduction targets
- Define boundaries and calculate LCA
- Conduct and compare LCA by product category
- Analyze LCA results within the industry
- Material & End-of-life stages
– Change product structure through value-engineering (VE)
– Change materials including using recycled materials and low embodied carbon materials
- Use stage
– Reduce standby power by updating SW
– Reduce power consumption by changing chip and redesigning PCB art work
- Other stages
– Distribution: Manage logistic service providers (LSP) via agency contracts
– Production: Build GHG inventory and adopt reduction activities
- Minimize environmental impacts with eco-design
– Analyze carbon emissions during product design
– Embody eco-design in new product design (NPG) process
HUMAX has created its GHG inventory system at headquarters and obtained verification from a professional organization. In addition, HUMAX received the first set-top box carbon footprint labeling in Korea and intends to continue its efforts to develop eco-friendly products.
Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Inventory
Indentify the sources of directly and indirectly accumulated greenhouse gas emissions. Then assess and verify the greenhouse gas emissions according to international standards.
Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
HUMAX has been disclosing information related to climate change and greenhouse gas emissions to the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) since 2013. HUMAX has set its reduction targets to 2050, based on science-based targets.
Korean Carbon Footprint Labeling
Korean Carbon Footprint Labeling is a voluntary carbon footprint certification issued by Korea Environmental Industry & Technology Institute (KEITI), an affiliate of the Ministry of Environment. The labeling displays the effect on the environment (global warming) during a product’s life cycle.
For more detailed information, go to KEITI’s website. (http://www.epd.or.kr/en/carbon).