HUMAX in Your Life
Enjoy what you want, anytime, anywhere.
Founded in 1989, HUMAX is a leading gateway developer dedicated to providing better content delivery systems for the consumers through continuous research, development and innovations.
With 20 overseas subsidiaries and branches across the globe, HUMAX currently provides 80 major broadcasting companies and mobile carriers with high-quality video gateways, set-top boxes and broadband gateways.
OUR MISSION, VISION AND CORE VALUES
What We are All About
To consistently deliver dynamic and exciting media experiences
We exist to provide our customers with easy access to all types of media 24/7 at home or out. We aim to achieve this through technical innovations and product excellence.
To be the world’s number 1 provider of content delivery systems by 2020
In the foreseeable future, we will be the definitive brand for global content delivery systems. With HUMAX’s products, customers all over the world will have access to unlimited content from their homes, cars and mobile devices.
Our core values are the questions we continually ask ourselves.
Are my decisions, actions and intentions ethical and honest?
Do I listen actively to other opinions and offer mine candidly?
Do I hold myself accountable for results and contribute to the well-being of others and the organization?
Do I strive to improve myself, and do I see results?
How We Got Here
From set-tops to gateways
Since its founding in 1989, HUMAX has focused on performing extensive R&D in the field of digital technology.
In 1996 we became the first company in Asia and the third in the world to successfully develop the digital satellite set-top box, paving the way for our current leadership in the world’s gateway market.
THE FOUNDING DECADE
- 1989 Conin System Co., Ltd. founded
- 1990 Industrial vision system CVS-256
- 1991 Video mixing board for editing subtitles shipped
- 1993 Digital home appliances chosen as the business focus
- 1994 The world’s first CD-karaoke machine introduced
The 1st Achievements
- May 1997 Subsidiary in the UK (Northern Ireland) established
- December 1999 Subsidiary in the UAE established
- January 2000 Subsidiary in Germany (Frankfurt) established
- June 2000 Subsidiary in the US established
- November 2001 Subsidiary in Japan (Tokyo) established
- 1996 Set-top boxes for digital satellite broadcasts developed (first in Asia, third in the world)
- 1997 KOSDAQ listed
- 1998 Corporate name changed to HUMAX Co., Ltd. & Headquarters and plant moved to Yongin
- 1999 Decoration for excellent performance at the 3rd Annual Venture Business Fair awarded
- 2000 Set-top boxes for digital cable broadcasts developed
- 2000 $100 million in exports achieved
The 2nd Growth Engine
- February 2002 Sales office in London, England opened
- August 2003 Subsidiary in India (New Delhi) established
- December 2003 Office in Milano, Italy opened
- July 2004 Subsidiary in Australia (Sydney) established
- September 2004 Branch in China opened
- December 2005 Subsidiary in Hong Kong established
- May 2006 Subsidiary in Poland established
- May 2007 Subsidiary in Thailand established
- 2001 Set-top boxes for digital TV service developed &
$200 million in exports achieved
- 2005 $500 million in exports achieved
The 3rd Growth Engine
- June 2008 Branch in Turkey opened
- May 2010 Branch in Russia opened
- June 2010 Subsidiary in Australia re-established
- September 2010 Branch in Italy changed to subsidiary
- October 2010 Branch in France opened
- May 2011 Subsidiary in Brazil established
- November 2013 Subsidiary in Mexico established
BUSINESS TRANSITION & CONVERGENCE
- 2008 Queen’s Award (UK) received
- 2008 Business diversification started
- 2009 HUMAX Co., Ltd. established as a separate subsidiary of HUMAX Holdings Co., Ltd.
- 2010 $1 Billion in exports achieved
- 2011 Daewoo IS (HUMAX Automotive) acquired
- 2013 Residential gateway business started & Home gateway server market entered
The 4th Growth Engine
- March 2015 Branch in Vietnam opened
THE AMERICAS CABLE & CONVERGENCE
- 2014 New CEO appointed
- Cable market in the Americas entered
OUR BUSINESS & PRODUCTS
What We Offer
Complete digital solutions for the smart home
Our products include set-top boxes for broadcasts, broadband gateways for the internet, video gateways which are digital convergence devices combining communication functions with the set-top box, and Butler, our total smart home solution.