Aura UHD Android TV Recorder
Firmware update 9.21 features and enhancements (Available from 17th June 2021):
Upgraded ‘Top Picks’ and ‘Now & Next’ guides
AURA now includes a more dynamic Top Picks recommendations guide and Now & Next section with enhanced menus that are easier to navigate.
Quick access to recent apps
Recently-opened apps are displayed by holding down the Apps key, providing fast access to frequently-watched content.
Audio options in setup wizard
The initial setup wizard guides users through the audio options available and selects optimal surround sound settings.
Lip sync outside of live TV
Users can adjust lip sync settings in their favourite apps such as YouTube or Amazon Prime Video.
Audio delay improvements
There is now an option to delay audio by negative milliseconds, enabling improved video synchronisation.
Additional audio passthrough formats
Support for audio formats such as DTS, DTS HD and Dolby TrueHD (with Atmos) through compatible surround sound setups has been added.
Audio output configuration
TV: Always 2 channel PCM
Optical or HDMI ARC : Dolby Digital 5.1CH
Home Cinema via HDMI : Full passthrough up to 7.1CH
Media player compatibility
Now supports audio passthrough and audio delay in other media players for improved compatibility, such as VLC, Kodi and PLEX.
Improved video upscaling sharpens edges and reduces blur for a more defined video performance.
Colour settings menu
The settings option now shares a similar look and feel with other menus.
Updated standby LED option
This option allows users to turn off the deep standby LED.
S/AD Dialog UI
Quick access to current audio and video output status, and select optimal settings for content.
Audio Dropout in Recording Playback
Audio Loudness Adjustment for PCM & Passthrough
Video Juddering in GCN app, German ARD and ZDF player
No Audio When Changing From AD to Program
Randomly Returning to Beginning
Loading Catchup Events After Manual Scan
Ethernet not connected When Wi-Fi is Off
DLNA Server Does Not Work After Formatting Hard Disk When FTP is Off
Why isn’t teletext or the red button on the remote control working?
My unit fails to connect with WiFi although I have full signal.
- Turn the Humax Box off with the remote or the button on the front of the box
- Unplug the Humax Box from the mains
- Power down and then unplug the Broadband Hub/Router from the mains
- Leave the Broadband Hub/Router off for 5 minutes
- Plug the Broadband Hub/Router back in at the mains and switch the power on
- Wait another 5 minutes and plus the Humax Box back in and switch on. Then with the remote or the button on the front of the box power it on.
If after performing these steps and you do not have access to internet services, it may be blocked by a strict firewall. Check your modem/router settings and if required, add the Humax box as an exception with full access.
You may also need to ensure that the following ports are opened on your router for the Humax Box.
Check your WiFi Security Key Type
If you are not seeing the router/hub and cannot connect then the issue could be caused by the default WiFi encryption protocol on the router. Make sure that the Hub is set to "WPA" auto or "WPA-PSK"(Tkip). If the box is unable to connect then you would need to try the router on WEP temporarily to rule out any WiFi security issues. You may need to have your ISP walk you through the process of changing either the port information or the WiFi protocol.
How can I pair my remote?
- The Humax Aura remote control supports both infrared and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Your remote is already paired with your recorder via infrared. During the initial set up process, we will guide you to pair your remote via Bluetooth.
- The remote LED will flash Red when paired via infrared and Green when paired via Bluetooth.
- If you do not pair during initial set up, or subsequently un-pair, the easiest way to re-pair is to press the Google button, this then displays the pair screen, and holding both the i and OK buttons for 5 seconds will start the pairing process.
How can I change the duration of the ‘skip’ function in settings?
Why do my timed recordings keep getting wiped?
How can I set up remote recording?
When will the Aura App be available on the app store?
Will you be able to set recordings on the Aura app?
With the 3 tuners on the unit, is it possible to record four channels and watch a fifth across 3 multiplexes?
Do I need an internet connection to use this device?
Can I add more apps?
Where can I find Netflix
Can I stream content from my Phone?
How can I re-tune my device?
How do I use the Voice Control?
What do the LED light colours indicate?
- Red: Standby
- Orange: Standby Rec
- Blue: Operation (Not recording)
- Purple: Operation (Recording)
- White: Google Assistant