- Application version: UKTFAE 1.02.13
- Loader version: UKTFAE 1.05
- System id: 9010.7D31
- Update date: 17 MAR 2017
- Available date: 20 APR 2017
New Features and Improvements
-. Search Page Renewal (Support VoD Search)
-. Added Smart Retune. (When Automatic Search, don’t delete searched channel and add new channel only)
-. Recording Page Updated.
-. Installation Wizard Updated.
-. Terms & Condition Scenario Updated.
-. Improved recording schedule disappear issue.
-. Improved stability issues (when using external storage)
### Previous Version: UKTFAE 1.01.57 ###
- Application version: UKTFAE 1.01.57
- Loader version: UKTFAE 1.05
- System id: 9010.7D31
- Update date: 30 NOV 2016
- Available date: 11 JAN 2017
New Features and Improvements
-. Improved stability issues. (Hang-up, Reboot)
-. Software is optimized for server load balance.
-. Improved stability issues whilst using external hdd.
-. Fixed recording list display error issue on mobile app.
-. String is changed in the system information menu. (Update Date -> Software Build Date)
-. Improved browser crash.
-. Improved recording schedule list empty issue.
Steps to upgrade SW via USB
1. Download the latest software version and save it to an empty USB memory stick. (The file name should be fvp4000t_upgrade.hdf)
2. Please make sure the software is saved in the root of the USB stick.
3. Insert the USB memory stick into FVP-4000T on USB port.
4. Please press Home -> Settings -> System Settings -> System Information -> and press ‘OK’ button on Check New Software.
5. When the download progress stops it may take up to 5 minutes for it to restart so ‘DO NOT TURN OFF FVP-4000T’
6. To confirm successful update, please go to Home -> Settings - > System Settings -> System Information and check 'Software Version’
Why does my Humax fail to record some/all programs I have set to record?
Why is there no info button on my remote/How do I find the program info?
How do I tell if my Humax is on/off or recording?
• Red LED – Standby
• Recording and fully on – Red LED
• Recording in standby – Red LED
The newer FVP-4000T’s now come with a LED underneath the unit and will show blue when on, red when in standby and purple when recording (only applies to the newer FVP-4000T’s).
The picture on my Humax stutters/freezes or the sound often becomes distorted (still able to access menus).
My Humax locks up/Freezes and is unresponsive after a short period of use. Rebooting at the mains resolves temporarily.
My Humax will not turn on despite showing a blue light
HOW TO ACCESS INFO ON PROGRAMME CURRENTLY ON AIR
Press OKPress Down Arrow (below OK button)
Press Down Arrow again (On my screen I now have info about BBC 2 HD)
Press Right Arrow (That then shows a list of programs for BBC 2 HD)
Press OK (Brings up information about the current program on BBC 2 HD without changing to it)
MORE ON USING THE GUIDE (EPG)
When guide is pressed the initial 'page' displays now and next, pressing the + button gives options to change the 'group' to TV, Radio and HDTV.
Pressing OK on any of the programme names (on air) will lead to the unit changing to that channel and dismissing the guide.
Pressing right arrow changes guide to full listings, a time line is displayed showing the current elapsed time of programmes, and pressing OK displays the details of future programmes.
The + key now has a new function in that you can select genre: All, Children's, Drama, Education, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Movie, News & Factual, and Sport are the options.
The + button also now has option to 'Jump to Date'
(Not sure which software version added this)
Remote recording introduced with software version 1.01.31.
A few notes for info:
You can set timers via web interface at myhumax.net (you need to register)
The TV Guide app available for both iOS and Android devices.
At time of posting series record is not available via remote record; this awaits an update of the API by Freeview (no timescale)
When a recording request is set remotely, it is first sent to the Humax server.
The FVP-4000T (if Remote Recording is set to on) regularly syncs up with the Humax server to pull recording requests made, this is dependent on what options you have set in the PVR settings menu.
- Update period: User can set a period of time that the unit will sync with the Humax server to download any timers set remotely, be it all day, for example, between the hours of 06:00 - 23:00.
- Update interval: How often the unit syncs with the Humax server to check for remotely set timers, options are 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 mins, default is 30 mins.
HOW TO ACCESS PROGRAMME INFO DURING PLAYBACK
Original suggestion by forum member Stephenesque.
To access programme info whilst playing a recording: Home
Highlight Recent, OK
Highlight the desired programme and press OK.
HDMI CEC KNOWN AS MANUFACTURER
Hitachi - HDMI-CEC
LG - SimpLink
Onkyo - RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI)
Panasonic - Viera Link
Philips - EasyLink
Pioneer - Kuro Link
Samsung - Anynet+
Sharp - Aquos Link
Sony - Bravia Link & Bravia
Toshiba - CE-Link & Regza Link
Mitsubishi - NetCommand
Edit: Using a Win 8.1 PC, also works on Win 10
Unit has Samba server on board. This can be enabled/disabled/status checked from the network menu.
Contents as listed below, note SD recordings appear with an mpeg icon, and radio as mp3. These can be dragged/dropped to your PC and played with usual players.
If you use ftp to transfer then all recordings remain encrypted.
BOOT TIME, SHUTDOWN TIME, POWER USAGE
Power usage - negligible, power meter does not register a reading
Boot time to picture audio - 18 seconds
Power saving in standby off (therefore rf loop thru' enabled)
Power usage - 5W
Boot time - same as full standby.
Caveat: Power meter is not calibrated.
Time to shut down to full standby approx. - 1 min 35 seconds
CAN I USE A KEYBOARD – TO SEARCH FOR EXAMPLE
- You could use the Humax remote app, tablet and phone versions available for android and ios.
- I took the wireless dongle and keyboard from a PC (already paired obviously) plugged the dongle into side USB port on 4000T and it works.
- A wired keyboard plugged into side USB also works.
ONLY ONE TUNER INDICATING STRENGTH/QUALITY READING
HOW TO ARRCHIVE RECORDINGS TO USB HDD
Highlight either copy or move and press ok.
Highlight the connected USB HDD you want to copy/move to and press OK.
To stop copy/move press + again.
To select multiple items in recordings list:
Highlight a programme then press + highlight select and press OK; you can now select multiple items by highlighting them and pressing OK.
HOW TO JUMP FORWARD AND PAGE UP/DOWN IN GUIDE
Jump in 2 hour steps
To jump 24 hours you have to press and hold the left/right arrow cursor control, an overlay will then appear with dates, highlight the date required and press OK, guide will 'jump' to selected date.
Page up/down - as usual for Humax use the CH up/down key.
You can 'jump' to a specific channel by entering the channel number.
Edit - I have highlighted how to page up/down as the so called experts who carried out reviews on recombine and expert reviews have marked the unit down because they could not work out how to do it.
HOW TO USE SKIP FUNCTION
With no dedicated skip buttons on the remote....
During playback display the time bar - e.g. by pressing play/OK/right/left button, with this on screen, and the elapsed time highlighted you can skip fwd/back using the cursor right/left buttons.
Option for duration of skip can be set in the playback menu:
Back - 7, 15, & 30 secs. Forward - 30, 60, 120, & 240 secs.
Some users are reporting skip does not work especially when pressing OK button so I have highlighted part of the FAQ.
Why elapsed time not highlighted - I think, though not 100%, if you use the transport controls (FF, RWD) then when pressing OK it defaults to last transport control used.
When pressing play instead of OK the elapsed time always appears to be highlighted.
HOW TO MAKE FAVOURITES STICKY
Once a Favourites list has been saved to make it 'sticky' you must change to a channel contained within that list via the EPG.
Favourites can be accessed from within the EPG using + button, change group.
Once 'stuck' the programme up/down button will only cycle through channels saved in favourites list selected.
Note: If you change to a channel not contained within selected Favs group the channel listing, guide etc. will revert to default i.e. TV.
MULTI CODE FUNCTION FVP REMOTE
Multi Code function remote
If you are using more than one receiver in the same location you can change the remote control coding so that the remote control commands do not conflict.
(This is only relevant to the Foxsat HD, HDR, HDCI 5000, HDR 1000/1010/1100S, HB1000S, FVP-4000T, HD/HDR Fox T2 Freeview HD products, incl the HDR 1800/2000T)
- Switch on your TV set and the Humax product that you wish to change the remote code.
- Make sure that the other Humax product that you do not wish to control is in Standby or powered OFF at the mains.
- Point the remote control towards the remote control sensor of the target receiver.
- Press and hold the 0 and OK buttons simultaneously for approx. 5-10 seconds until the red power button on the remote stays red.
- A message will appear on the TV screen
"You can change the remote control mode.
Press a Numeric Key (<1> ~ <6>) to select the mode
Current mode: Mode 1."
7. A message confirming the change of Mode will appear on screen
HOW MANY SIMULTANEOUS TIMERS WITH 3 TUNERS
With the 3 tuners on this unit it is possible to record four channels and watch a fifth across 3 multiplexes.
With multiple timers active, the CH up/down will only cycle through the channels that are available to view.
In the Guide, programme details are 'grey' for channels that are not available to view.
Please NOTE: System settings such as screen ratio will be reset and your schedule will be deleted but recorded programmes will be saved.
- Remove Aerial from the back of the Humax Box
- Press Home on the remote
- Using the directional buttons move and select Settings
- Select System Settings
- Choose Factory Default with the OK button
- Select ‘YES’
- Enter Password 0000
- The unit will restart, please allow up to 2 minutes for this to happen
- Please choose your preferred language
- Please choose your Internet Connection Method
- Select Next on confirmation Screen
- Select "I agree to the terms and conditions" and press OK
- Choose Next
- When presented with the message 'Do you want to stop the search?' select YES
- Select your "Power Saving In Standby" preference and press OK
- Then select Next and press OK
- Then choose Exit
- Software check will take place
- Once finished scroll through the on screen guide and press OK on the last screen
- Reinsert Aerial into the back of the Humax Box
- When given the message that no channels are available press the OK button,
- Select manual channel search and press OK
- Select Channel and enter a channel number from the list below and then select search:
When tuning HD Channels please select transmission and change this to DVB-T2.
- You will need to carry out the manual tune procedure for each one of these numbers
- Once you have completed the search and saved the results for all channel numbers please press the exit button, this completes the manual tune.